Thursday, August 6, 2009

Having a Coke and Eatin' a Tomato


Last night I hopped a train out to Rockville Centre to catch Lucas Carpenter at Vibe Lounge. This guy is an incredible musician and used to date Lauren. He plays a whole bunch of instruments and has a loop pedal so that his songs just build and become really amazing and multilayered. It really is astounding. I met this girl Crista, who used to date one of my friends from HS and is now BFF with Mike Del Rio. She is really great. I always get excited when I meet new girlfriends. It is really hard to meet really down to earth people sometimes. Anyway, after the show we went to a diner with Lucas and Mark Rose (the band that went on after)and then MDR met up. It was a really great, laid back night.

Lauren told me this great analogy that is synonymous for the strategy of pursuit of our love interests. They are like tomatoes. You can't ignore them. You have to water them, but they aren't ripe for the picking yet.

0 comments: