Saturday, August 1, 2009

5 Year High School Reunion


Thursday night was my 5 year high school reunion. I was dreading it and did not want to go alone. So luckily Lauren came with me. It was held at SideBar in Union Square. There was to be open bar from 8-9 and free appetizers. Upon entering I saw Erika (who actually owns SideBar with a group of people) and David (a sort of akward wallflower throughout hs). Lauren and I quickly got inebriated and as the people started coming, I found myself increasingly saying 'This is SO weird'. Basically all you did with everyone was walk about what your status is now. This is how it went down with everyone.

Them: Nicole Andersen!
ME: HEY ____ ______!
Them: You look great!
ME: So do you!
Them: What are you doing these days?
ME: I am an adjunct professor of sociology/am in a band/make videos for a non profit org. You?
Them: Blablablabla
Me: Cool! Bye!

Lol you can imagine how boring that gets. But it most certainly is fun to toot my own horn. Anyway, I reunited with Brian, this guy who was kind of a trouble maker in HS, who got kicked out/sent to boarding school halfway through. He brought a friend, Morgan and the four of us had a great time talking and we all went back to my apt to hang out after. We all had a really good time. The next day, I had proposed that we all go to the beach but it was really gross out. So I went to Morgan and Brian's and we watched movies all day. They have a ton of pets at their house. A dog, 2 cats, a ferret, a sugar glider, a lizard of some sort, a guinea pig... I brought lulu over later on in the day and she got to play with the dog and the ferret. It was really cute.

Later on, we went in Brian's parent's pool. He has a fucking tennis court in the back yard of the house he grew up in. Our astrological stuff is really similar. It's weird but comfortable. I know, I need to watch out for those gemini's though.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

There were no free appetizers! :(

rogue said...

i know! Those dirty scoundrels!

rogue said...

i know! Those dirty scoundrels!