Sunday, August 16, 2009

Crappy Turned Happy




I was in a bit of a depressed funk when I woke up at Sean's. I am glad I didn't do anything stupid and I am happy that I am over my dumb little crush on him. I stopped at Briarcliffe on my way home and walked around the campus. It is such a small school. I am really excited to start work. After that, I met up with Carrie for a picnic at Beakman beach in OB. We talked and looked at the water. It was nice to bond with her, very therapeutic because I haven't really seen her much lately. After that, I packed for PA. Morgan and Brian aka Scottie picked me up and we headed west. We picked up Juliet, Morgan's gf and were off to PA. I had no idea that Morgan's parents live in a mansion with an indoor pool/hot tub, salon, wine cellar that looks like a cafe, gym, movie theatre, basketball court, piano room, spiral staircase with a lookout on the roof, a salon,...their house is HUGE and well stocked. I have honestly never been in a house that nice in...ever. The greatest part was that Morgan's parents were SO nice and down to earth. Friday night was spent going out to dinner, doing kareoke and swimming.

I also didn't know that Morgan's dad owns an indoor football team. They had a game last night to determine if they were gonna go to Las Vegas for finals, and they won!!! I had SO much fun. Normally, I hate football and don't enjoy games. However, I had a really great time. The seats were awesome, and since I know the team owners I got to participate in a game where I won a $100 gift certificate for a furniture store in PA. We got to walk on the field and enjoy all of the crazy fun excitement after winning the game. Afterward, we went to Bennigans, and I got to take pictures with 'the cup'. All in all, it was a really exciting weekend. It definitely helped me get my head out of my ass and loosen up and enjoy summer a bit more. I can't believe I leave my apt and head to Asia in 2 weeks. This is crazy!

I ended a great weekend with a trip to my favorite beach in the world. The water was eprfect today. EVERYONE went in. That is a very rare occurence.

0 comments: