Thursday, October 8, 2009

Healthcare Crisis!

Ugh today I woke up with a pretty bad hang over in Brooklyn and a 10am suggested phone call time to talk to Nathalia about my applications. She laughed about the paper a wrote yesterday for about 10 minutes. That didn't feel too good, but in my defense, I didn't know what I was doing.

After that I had a dermatologist appointment at 5:15. I got lost for about 45 minutes on my way there. All the google maps sites were confusing the streets, so I couldn't be right no matter what. Then I finally get to the doctor and she is in the room for about 60 seconds to diagnose me and then leaves her medical assistant to write the prescription. I felt completely slighted. This was a fine demonstration of how the use of separate doctors visits suck, and we should all just go to a family physician for everything. America's doctors are becoming hyper-specialized and turned into machines without compassion or the ability to give quality care! I am sitting in my psychs office waiting to get my meds. I wonder how late she will be tonight.

0 comments: