Monday, September 12, 2011

Rugby World Cup!

This weekend was great. I went down to New Plymouth with Kim for the rugby world cup game USA vs. Ireland. We knew USA was going to lose, but we had an amazing time anyway! Kim doesn't drive so I got to, which I kind of like here.
The drive down there was nice, we stopped in Raglan and hit up the beach and got some lunch. We picked up a hitch hiker who needed to get to the beach in Raglan. I have never done that before. Some German dude. It felt cool picking up a hitch hiker haha.
Then we had a bit of a sing along with Queen and Disney songs, since we didn't get any radio stations at one point. We finally got to New Plymouth and I was faced with my first couch surfing experience. HOLY SHIT-there was no couch..we got this gorgeous guest bedroom in this beautiful house on the water. The guy we stayed with supplied us with food and towels and he had a sauna and a hot tub. I was so spoiled...any couch surfing experience I have in the future cannot compare to this!
On Sunday morning, Kim and I went to a 911 church service with the USA rugby team. It was so cool to see those hotties up close. Later on we went to the game, face painted and all. I shouted and drank my ass off. USA lost, but we had an awesome time. The atmosphere was fantastic.
We met a group of guys from Galway, and a couple of guys from NZ and partied with them. It was a great dat/night. We headed home yesterday, giving Kim's Irish flatties a ride back to Auckland, stopping at an organic brewery on the way. All in all a great weekend. It was so nice to get out of Auckland for a bit.
This week or next will probably be my last week of work. I am excited because that means I will be traveling a bit soon!
October 14 I am headed to the south island for a Stray tour then I come back up to Auckland on the 25th (or something) for about a week and then I head to Melbourne Nov 2nd - 8th, and then on the 10th I go to Vancouver until the 14th! Then home! I am so very lucky my life is so eventful. However, for the next month I will be hanging out here...tying up loose ends and hanging out with some of the amazing people I met here. My time in Auckland is almost up. Its been a good run, but I am ready to get the hell out of here!

Cheers mateys!

0 comments: